When I asked CEO’s and business leaders where they turn when they face a problem in their business I heard two common answers and one that disturbed me. The common answers were;
- I call someone in my network
- I talk to my spouse
However the answer that also bubbled to the top frequently was;
- “nowhere,… that is what I am paid to do, solve problems so I figure it out”
The third response disturbed me… when did business leaders decide they need to go it alone? When was it decided we need to have all the answers? I tell my clients in fact I do not have all the answers,… but I do , based on my experience know what questions to ask.
So let me get this straight….
- if you want to improve your golf game you have no problem hiring a pro for a few lessons
- If you want to get fit you join a gym and hire a personal trainer
- If you sprain your back you see a doctor ,enter a rehab program with a physical therapist to get you back in shape and out of pain
But if your business has a problem…you feel you must go it alone based on your gut?
Market leaders have the emotional intelligence to know what they know as well as what they do not know. They seek help from experts that complement their gifts and realize faster and much more profitable growth.
So where do you turn when your business needs help? Why?
“Leader, You Don’t Have to Go It Alone!”